21.4.16

OFFICE WEAR: HOW TO

 
 Shirt and Blazer: Topshop | Trousers: Zara | Shoes: H by Hudson | Watch: Skagen 





Work-wear and office-related fashion is undoubtedly one of the hardest things to get right. It's tricky to navigate that fine line between comfort and looking smart, and dressing appropriately while still being individual and staying true to your personal style.

When the trends centred around comfort, the ever-popular white trainers, and sports luxe emerged a few seasons ago, we began to see a shift in work attire that definitely catered to those of us whose style isn't quite as feminine or put together.

For my work look, I decided that I was going to centre my outfit around my cropped black tapered trousers from Zara. My motive in wearing these was mainly the fact that they're a safe and appropriate option which I could then build upon to create something a little more interesting. I teamed them up with this awesome shirt from Topshop; offering both a print and a pop of colour (neither too loud or daring), which I feel make for a perfect balance between smart and cool. The hidden buttons are also a lovely and elegant detail. 

For the blazer, again, a pop of colour, but I decided to go for a fairly muted and deep coral shade, which went perfectly with my shirt, and is a more exciting option than a standard black blazer. Finally, I finished off the look with my snakeskin brogues; stylish, but also clean and minimal, and not forgetting, super comfortable. 

It really all depends on each individual, and of course, what's deemed acceptable in your place of work, but I really believe that even if there are restrictions placed upon you, there are small and subtle ways of taking a standard work look to the next level. If you need a place to start, you really can't go wrong with a simple black pant. Take a look at a whole selection of them right here. Check out my list of work-wear tips and essentials below; just a few pointers that I feel help me break out of the monotony of the bog-standard office staples.

A STATEMENT SHOE 
Think white trainers, a smart pair of loafers, or a snazzy pair of brogues

A CLASSIC YET FUN PRINT
Nothing too loud. Something as simple as a marble print shirt or cropped chequered pants can make all the difference

A POP OF COLOUR
Again, nothing too crazy (unless your work's cool with it) but a simple pop of colour can be really effective in enhancing an entire look and lifting it from its drab and monochrome depths.

ACCESSORIES
Anything from a statement necklace, to a smart watch, to a studded belt like the one I was wearing. A bright bag would also do the trick!

A DIFFERENT CUT
Change up your silhouette to create something a little different. Wide leg culottes are definitely a winner, and they're so wearable and adaptable. A sleeveless jacket is also super stylish and bang on trend. Wear it over a feminine blouse or even a simple tee, and you'll look perfectly work-appropriate and fun!

What are your office essentials? Comment below!

Thanks for checking out my blog!


*This post is in collaboration with Betabrand.com*

No comments:

Post a Comment