23.4.14

Liebster Award | NOMINATION

Being very new to the blogging game, I had never even heard of the Liebster Award, but now that it's been brought to my attention, I think it's a greeeat idea & fantastic concept to promote new blogs that haven't had their chance to shine yet!


THANK YOU SO MUCH to Carmen Henry of theartofvintagerevival for nominating me! 

So here are the rules:

> Make a post about the Liebster Award and thank the blogger who nominated you
> Write 11 interesting things about yourself
> Answer the 11 questions created by the blogger who nominated you 
> Nominate 11 other bloggers (they must have less than 200 followers) and notify them that you nominated them
> Write 11 new question for your nominees


11 facts about myself!

1) I was born and bred in Gibraltar; an overseas British territory on the southernmost tip of Spain!
2) I have a degree in English & American literature
3) I have no lateral incisors :( I was born without them
4) For many years, I competed in sports such as taekwondo, show-jumping, tennis & sailing
5) I am currently doing a course in Fashion & Personal Styling at the London College of Style
6) I'm not 100% sure what I'm going to be doing after that, but I'd love to be a stylist or a writer or start my own fashion label.
7) As I was growing up, I was literally obsessed with the film Matilda and used to watch it at least once a day.
8) I loooooooooove music and can't go a day without listening to it - anything from Ludovico Einaudi to Bon Iver to Jay-Z
9) I have a (probably) unhealthy passion for Harry Potter
10) My favourite book is 'A Thousand Splendid Suns' by Khaled Hosseini
11) I could eat my weight in olives. YUM <3


Carmen's questions

1.What inspires you the most?
Fashion-wise, images on tumblr, pinterest & blogs inspire me mostly, as well as people's personal styles. I'm also inspired by amazing books and films.

2.What is one item of clothing that you can't live without?
I don't think I could live without my black skinny jeans. They're so versatile and go with absolutely everything. 

3. What is your favorite fashion themed movie?
The Devil Wears Prada for sure!

4. What are you looking forward to wearing this spring?
I'm on the hunt for some boyfriend jeans as well as some high-waisted ankle grazers. Also, I just wanna wear pretty pastels because I tend to keep it black n' white monochrome most of the time. 

5. Heels or Flats?
Oooft, this is a tough one! It really depends on my mood and outfit, because I love heels, but sometimes I like to wear bad-ass high top sneakers or my Doc Martens. 

6. Your biggest style regret?
Hmm, I'm not sure if I regret anything too much from recent years. Although when I was really young, I used to love wearing these really tight stretchy crew neck tank tops with awful graffiti prints or cringey shapes. FACE PALM! But then again, I guess I didn't look too ridiculous since everyone seemed to think they were a good idea!

7. Your favorite song?
How could I possibly pick just one!? But right now I'm gonna say 'Waves (Robin Schulz Remix)' by Mr Probz cause it's aaaamazing! 

8. What's your favorite dessert?
STICKY TOFFEE PUDDING!!!

9. The last book you've read?
Right now I'm reading 'Thrive' by Arianna Huffington!

10. What is your favorite season for fashion?
Mmm, probably in between seasons, where I can wear summer clothes, but team them up with boots, cardigans, light weight jackets etc. I'm not a massive fan of Winter!

11. Favorite magazine (on-line or print)?
Other than fashion magazines, I love reading Intelligent Life. But I'm on the hunt for some great new fashion mags! I need ideas! 


I nominate these 11 wonderful blogs:



11 questions for my nominees

1) I need new books to read! What's the best one you've ever read?
2) What's your favourite blog?
3) Who's personal style do you love? 
4) What is your favourite fashion magazine?
5) Describe yourself in 5 words!
6) Which is your favourite store to shop at?
7) If you could give one piece advice to your peers, what would it be?
8) What's the best movie you've seen in the past couple of years?
9) What do you hope to gain from blogging?
10) What are some of your goals you're working towards right now?
11) If you could have dinner with 5 people, dead or alive, who would they be?!

I hope you've enjoyed this post! I had lots of fun writing it! :D Looking forward to seeing the responses from all my nominees. I hope this tool works wonders to promote new up and coming blogs! 

Watch this space for my next outfit post! 


2 comments:

  1. thank you so much for nominating me! I loved reading your facts and answers. (also, I too could eat my weight in olives... THEY'RE SO GOOD) I'll try and upload this as soon as I can! I literally love your style - have had a look at a few of your posts and I love your outfits! Will follow via bloglovin. xx

    thisisfrom-matilda.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much love :D I followed you via bloglovin' too :) Looking forward to reading your response! I assume your URL is from the song Matilda by Alt-J? hah one of my favourite songs and bands! You have a great blog - keep it up! xx

    ReplyDelete