8.4.14

ASSIGNMENT - Outfits that flatter a pear & athletic shape (part II)

Following on from my last post, which reflected on a module I've just completed that focused on body shapes and learning all about which clothes enhance our bodies as effectively as possible, the following images are the second outfit that I had to style on myself for one of my assignments.

Enjoy!



 Recognising the benefits of horizontal and vertical stripes, I chose this dress to best enhance these areas of my body. For a pear shape, vertical stripes above the waistline do wonders to highlight the bust and give the illusion of more volume in that area. Simultaneously, vertical stripes on the lower half of my body will lengthen and slim this area. As well as the benefits of the horizontal stripes, the bright colour will add inches to the bust area.


The dress itself is fitted at the bust, with a floaty skirt that balances my figure and skims neatly over my lower half to create a flattering A-shape.


 I decided to pair this dress with a light beige cardigan that I felt contrasted nicely with the dress, and used a leather belt to highlight the waist.





Literally obsessed with the back of this dress! <3



| Dress: Dahlia | Cardigan: Thrift shop | Belt: Accessorize | Brogues: Topshop |

X

No comments:

Post a Comment